Still burned out...but some peace.
Yup, I'm still burned out but I think its gonna be okay. I've been homeschooling for almost 4 years now and none of those years have "looked" like the pictures you see in the magazines or reviews. I have gone thru a being manic and trying to "out do" and out smart other homeschoolers, to being burned out and angry and well...honestly. Not doing ANY thing that looks like being school and I do mean NOTHING. And now (surprise)I'm somewhere different.
My goals for my children have had a radical shift. My ultimate"goal" for my children is to get them to heaven...not college. Not that I'm saying they do not need to be educated, they do. However I finally have some peace. I'm going with simple. I still love Sonlight and I have learned how it will best work in our family ( Just simply reading 1 book at a time till we finish it and no longer using the IG) And I enolled the kids in Christian Light Education Homeschool Plus program.....Its like a breath of fresh air and I can finally catch my breath. I know it won't always be picture perfect but at least now I can take pictures.....
Yup, I'm still burned out but I think its gonna be okay. I've been homeschooling for almost 4 years now and none of those years have "looked" like the pictures you see in the magazines or reviews. I have gone thru a being manic and trying to "out do" and out smart other homeschoolers, to being burned out and angry and well...honestly. Not doing ANY thing that looks like being school and I do mean NOTHING. And now (surprise)I'm somewhere different.
My goals for my children have had a radical shift. My ultimate"goal" for my children is to get them to heaven...not college. Not that I'm saying they do not need to be educated, they do. However I finally have some peace. I'm going with simple. I still love Sonlight and I have learned how it will best work in our family ( Just simply reading 1 book at a time till we finish it and no longer using the IG) And I enolled the kids in Christian Light Education Homeschool Plus program.....Its like a breath of fresh air and I can finally catch my breath. I know it won't always be picture perfect but at least now I can take pictures.....
No comments:
Post a Comment