Alora's Artwork

Alora's Artwork
Degas reproduction

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Update on choice...

O.k. so It's been some time since I last wrote and after quite a bit more researching and praying and actually trying out another curriculum (A2 to be exact) I went with the Literature based Curriculum Sonlight instead, I bought Core K with K -1 readers, Science K for Ayden & Ailey and Core 5, LA 5, Science 3 for Alora, I'll break it down further on another post....Now please understand I still recommend A2 however I found that I am a "box checker" I need to physically see what I need to do and need it planned out for me, A2 does not provide this, I felt as if I were in a vast ocean on a little raft...That being said it was and is a great resource for supplementing Sonlight with older ,vintage, unabridged books.

So far we are in week three in Sonlight..It has been alot of fun but also a lot of work, I really wanted more of a hands off approach but the more hands off I got the got the guiltier I felt, I realized you can't have your cake and eat it too. But I definitely Love Sonlight it was so worth the money!

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited you are trying Sonlight! I wish you the best as you get started. If you ever need ideas or want some support the Sonlight Forums and Sonlight Advisors are an awesome resource.
    (Beautiful artwork by Alora, by the way!)

    ReplyDelete