Alora's Artwork

Alora's Artwork
Degas reproduction

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

12 weeks left in our school year......And I go and change EVERYTHING!!!!!! Now because we have had some major changes in our house it was necessary...Our 5th child was born on 1/13/2010 10 weeks premature by emergency C-Section. I was already feeling overwhelmed with Sonlight but with Adalyn's birth I had to change everything again as she was in the NICU all the way down in Sacramento For 5 weeks and there was no way "school" was gonna happen during this time so go figure the curriculum I have looked at time and again and always ended up dismissing because I "thought" it was too easy..... I have fallen in love with!

Here are some reason's....While yes I am a total boxchecker and Sonlight provides me with those boxes I found myself not wanting to do "school" because there was sooo much to do every day!! We constantly going from book to book and having to buy individual books for every subject,Vocab, spelling,handwriting,writing,math,blahblahblah the list is endless and overwhelming BUT I still LOVE Sonlight Reading,History and Science books and will continue to buy them but I'm ditching the rest of their curriculum.....Which brings me to A.C.E Paces...I give Alora 7 Paces that are Math, English, Word Building, Literature and Writing, Social Studies, Science and Bible, Each "pace" is about 39 pages long, she does about 5 pages a day out of each subject which includes and weaves all of the tedious subjects like vocab, spelling, handwriting, reading, etc....It's all self teaching she just does her pages writes down how many she'll do the next day and we get to move on with our day and life! That's a bit simplified but that's what I wanted and need right now SIMPLE!

1 comment:

  1. May your simplification be exactly what you need right now. That's the beauty of homeschooling: You can make it work for you, not you work for it [smile].

    ~Luke

    ReplyDelete